The first annual Unlimited Off-Road American Show & Expo fulfilled its tagline ‘East Goes Epic’. It was extremely successful in the eyes of the enthusiasts there to enjoy, exhibitors who were able to show and sell their products, and racers who threw dirt demonstrating their extreme off-road machines capabilities. Offroad and powersports vehicles of all sorts filled the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, KY Friday through Sunday June 20-22. “We can’t be more excited about the overall feel of the show. As a first time event, we won’t lie and say we weren’t nervous,” said Erin Freeman, Expo Coordinator. “The response from everyone has been overwhelming and we look forward to growing into an even bigger event for next year.”
Some of the features of this inaugural show included:
- Over 125 leading offroad exhibitors displayed their most recent products in booths and on amazing vehicles. Many of the exhibitors spent the first half of the year finishing new products and builds to unveil at the UOR Expo. Categories represented include Custom Fabricators, Race & Performance parts, Body Armor, Protection & Recovery products, Oil Fluids & Lubricants, Tools & Equipment, Offroad & Powersports Shops, Offroad Parks, Lifestyle Specialties and Institution & Services.
- 40 Professional Racers, by invite only, put on three mud flinging and dirt flying shows each day on the off-road track specifically built by Dream Traxx to highlight four different disciplines of racing including Southern Rock Racing, Mega Truck Racing, Ultra4 Racing and UTV Racing.
- Full day of informative Business-to-Business seminars and Showroom floor open to Industry Only on Friday.
- Innovations Walk featuring new products and information about them.
- RC Course available to run with supplied RC Cars or personal vehicles.
- The online Top Rig Contest had more than 78,000 votes from 38,000+ unique voters. The Top 10 Vehicles were on display within and outside the hall with featured banners.
- Autograph opportunities with Xtreme Off-Road TV Host Ian Johnson, CMT ‘Party Down South’ actress Mattie Breaux, 2 time King of the Hammers winner Shannon Campbell, King of the Hammers winner Eric Miller and many more extremely well known racers representing multiple segments of the offroad market.
- A backflip was attempted by two rock bouncers Richie Keith and Brandon Dillion and one UTV driver CJ Bynum. Richie Keith succeeded at being the first ever to complete a back flip in a Rock Bouncer. CJ Bynum also completed a backflip in the SXS.
- Off-Road course was available to exhibitors to demonstrate their products to their customers.
- Multiple cash and prize give-aways were done by exhibiting companies and race series.
- Over 7,500 in attendance during the 3 days of the inaugural 2014 event.
The outside exhibition racing consisted of two qualifying runs where the same series vehicles competed against each other for the fastest time. The fastest out of each qualifier went onto the finals. The final was a unique combination of four types of vehicles working together as a relay team for fastest time. On Saturday the fastest time was split by a mere 8 seconds, which at the time was impressive until Sunday’s time was split by only 1 second. On Saturday Team 2 were the winners with a time of 239.467 consisting of Mega Truck Series John Gordon, Southern Rock Racing Series CJ Bynum, Ultra4 Racing Tony “Rosco” Rietdorf and SXS Racer Trenton Parks. Sunday’s winner was Team 1 by less than a second. The team consisted of Mega Truck Series John Gordon, Southern Rock Racing Series Bobby Tanner, Ultra4 Racing Bill Baird and SXS Racer Brit Mansel. Full results from the entire day and video will be available soon.
The Unlimited Offroad American Show & Expo is looking forward to continuing the success and enthusiasm from this weekends show into 2015. Dates and exhibitor packets will be released in July, 2014.
“Great show! Thank you guys so much for all the hard work!” – Brian Shepard, Marketing Director, Currie Enterprises
“You did an amazing job with the Expo! Where do we sign up for next year?” – Clayton Walters, Owner, Clayton Off Road Mfg
“Back from my most excellent adventure to Louisville, KY for the Unlimited Off-Road Expo. Had an awesome time photographing the events outside on the track as well as the activities inside the expo hall. If you didn’t make this expo, you owe it to yourself to make the next one!” – Jim Daniels, UORA
“I had a great time and the event went very well. Big thanks to Axel, Marvin and Erin for all their hard work. Great event, I look forward to next year.” – Billy Mounjoy, Owner, Off Road Solutions
“Thank you for the great efforts you and your team went through to make the Unlimited Off-Road Expo be a reality. I really enjoyed the sessions during the B2B day and the opportunity to talk to other businesses in a more one-on-one environment.” – Benjamin Meade, Owner, Extreme Roc Rigs (attended as Industry Professional)
For More Information go towww.offroadunlimitedexpo.com
Become a Fan on Facebook for Daily Updates:
Unlimited Off-Road Expo: www.facebook.com/UnlimitedOffRoadExpo