This has been a sad weekend… We have lost 8 members of our offroad community, more are injured and a driver and co-driver are devastated. My prayers and thoughts go out to them, their families and all those that helped in the rescue efforts at the event.
The offroad community has wanted this national attention, and now we got it. Unfortunately, it had to take some drama to get it. With the focus on us… We need to show the world what our community is made of… Quality, stand up citizens that rally together.
Here are some ideas on how you can help!
* If you are not a public speaker…today is probably not the day to start 😉
* Post on all the comments sections of the different articles that you read online as a Positive Person in the community. Even if someone has already said what you wanted to…post it again. We are outnumbered in the masses.
* If you see something posted that is incorrect, or a bad representation: Post against it… but do it Smartly…Professionally… Respectfully….
Please watch the words that you are using…
Instead of -> Use
Tragedy -> Accident
Killed -> Casualties
Crashed into a crowd -> Landed off a jump into crowd
Bureau of Land Management
Barstow Field Office
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311
Phone: (760) 252-6000
Fax: (760) 252-6098
* Educate and Teach your co-workers and friends that are seeing the mainstream videos and think this is what desert racing is all about.
* BE POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL I can’t stress this enough. This is not the time to be angry or vulgar…You represent our Entire Community to the one person that you are talking to, or the entire forum that you post on (not sayn’ any of you have :smile:)
* Assist with getting the word out about FAST-Aid, similar to Red Cross, where people can help support the families that lost their loved ones, or that have medical bills to pay now.
Link to spread around Facebook, Twitter, Myspace etc: http://bowermedia.com/2010/08/fast-aid-opens-specific-account-for-mdr-california-200-accident/
Link to send to any Local or National Media that you have contact with (includes logo and Word Doc Download): http://bowermedia.com/2010/08/fast-aid-opens-specific-account-for-mdr-california-200-accident/
* We need to get some POSITIVE Desert Videos out there that have California 200 as a tag. We can outnumber the negative videos pretty quickly… If you have Good Representative Desert Racing Material (family oriented, non-biased), think about putting together a short video in remembrance. If you feel the need to do a voice over, please make sure that you watch the words that you use… If you are not a public speaker, this is probably not the day to start Remember, by taking on this project, you are representing the entire community.
Encourage people to help support www.FAST-aid.org “California 200″ … It can scroll across the bottom of the screen… Use the logo on this post and be sure to tag the video in You Tube, Vimeo or any other video account with California 200, desert race, accident, crash. Once it is up…post it on FB, the forum that you frequent, email to friends…everywhere and lets get the view count up so general people that are searching have it pop up on their search…
* Support a Fundraiser in coordination with FAST-Aid. Make sure that the media local to the event is contacted with the Who, What, When, Where, Why information. Also, Email me the detail information and I will add to the calendar on this website that shows up on multiple websites across multiple disciplines of offroading. Charlene@BowerMedia.com
Thank you!!If you have any questions, or see something that we should help combat or filter to the correct person, please email me at email@example.com